Motorcycle and Power Equipment Technicians work on and repair motorcycles and other vehicles such as motor scooters and all-terrain vehicles. They are responsible for assembling, diagnosing, maintaining and repairing engines, transmissions, drive systems, steering assemblies, braking systems, chassis and suspension, electrical systems, and fuel and exhaust systems.
Motorcycle and Power Equipment Technicians also may specialize in repairing, rebuilding, customizing or servicing these systems or assemblies. Motorcycle and Power Equipment Technicians work with hand, power, pneumatic and measuring tools, shop equipment, and diagnostic and testing tools. Reference materials, documentation and computers are also important tools in this trade.
- Comfortable working with machinery
- Good with my hands
- Physically capable
- Eager to learn
- Focused with good attention to detail
- Mechanically inclined
Annual Salary Range
Related ARFI Scholarships/Bursaries
- Bob Clarke Automotive Scholarship
- Ed Coates Memorial Red Seal Automotive Trades Scholarship
- BC Auto Recyclers Bursary
- Training, Education & Career Advancement Bursary
- Apprentice Scholarships, Level 2/3