The scholarship provides up to $2,000 towards tools or post-secondary education tuition leading to a career in the automotive industry, and is awarded annually. Two of these scholarships are offered.
Application Deadline: June 30
Applications and all requested supporting documents must be received by June 30.
- Applicants must either be a graduating high school senior or have graduated from high school within the past two years.
- Applicants must be enrolled in an automotive aftermarket industry-related program or curriculum at a Canadian college or university. This includes students pursuing their studies as an automotive apprentice. It also includes Red Seal studies in any of the following automotive sectors: automotive collision repair technician, automotive painter, automotive service technician, heavy duty equipment technician, motorcycle and power equipment technician, parts person, recreational vehicle service technician, and truck and transport mechanic.
- Students must be enrolled full-time for the year of the scholarship for which they are applying.
- Priority is given to those pursuing a career in the automotive aftermarket.
- Children or dependents of ARFI board members are not eligible to apply.
- Each individual may only receive a maximum of one award per year (ARFI Board reserves the right to award beyond this).
Two scholarships are offered annually within British Columbia to qualified students enrolled in an automotive program in the British Columbia region. Consideration is given to awarding students throughout the province.
The recipient may be may be requested to participate in a brief interview that may be recorded and published. The recipient may also be invited to appear in a video acknowledging the award.
The recipient will be requested to provide a recent photograph for use in promotional material.
All applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decisions. Awards are applicable to the academic year commencing in September of the year of application and awarding.
The administration of the scholarship program is carried out by the ARFI, under the direction of the ARFI Board Chair.
Application Requirements Checklist
You MUST have the following ready to submit with your application:
(See “Eligibility” above)
- A statement by the applicant outlining his/her long-term automotive goals. The application form includes a text box for this (250 words minimum).
- A copy of the scholarship applicant’s most recent academic record. This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
- Supporting letter of recommendation from a non-family member; preferably an employer, teacher, or someone other than a family friend). This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
Ready to apply?
Once you have all of the material requested above ready,APPLY NOW