Selected candidate(s) receive a $2,000 scholarship. One is awarded to a Level 2 apprentice and another to a Level 3 apprentice. While all level 2/3 apprentices are encouraged to apply, priority will be given to those who demonstrate the greatest academic performance and are pursuing a career in the automotive aftermarket industry.
We are pleased to be able to offer these scholarships for 2020 in spite of COVID-19. Application Deadline: June 30
Applications and all requested supporting documents must be received by June 30.
- Applicant must be a registered apprentice currently training in the year for which they are applying for an award. (Eg. A second year apprentice can only apply for the second year apprenticeship scholarship.)
- Applicant must be currently working in the field for which their apprenticeship applies.
- Children or dependents of ARFI board members are not eligible to apply.
- Each individual may only receive a maximum of one award per year (ARFI Board reserves the right to award beyond this).
Applicants are asked to provide the following:
- A statement by the applicant stating his/her long-term automotive goals. This should briefly outline why they believe they should be considered for this scholarship. It may include a summary of past school and work experience.
- A letter of recommendation (from a non-family member; preferably an employer, teacher, or someone other than a family friend).
The ARFI awards one apprentice scholarship for each of Level 2 and Level three apprentices annually, selected from eligible applicants. Eligible applicants are those who meet all of the criteria described above.
The recipient may be may be requested to participate in a brief interview that may be recorded and published. The recipient may also be invited to appear in a video acknowledging the award.
The recipient will be requested to provide a recent photograph for use in promotional material.
All applicants will be notified of the Selection Committee’s decisions. Awards are applicable to the academic year commencing in September of the year of application and awarding.
The administration of the scholarship program is carried out by the ARFI, under the direction of the ARFI Board Chair.
Application Requirements Checklist
You MUST have the following ready to submit with your application:
(See “Eligibility” above)
- A statement by the applicant outlining his/her long-term automotive goals. The application form includes a text box for this (250 words minimum).
- A copy of the scholarship applicant’s most recent school transcript. This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
- Proof of registration as an apprentice in an automotive related field. This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
- Supporting letter from the applicant’s primary automotive instructor or current employer. This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
- A letter of recommendation. This document is to be uploaded in PDF, JPG or Word format. The application form includes a file uploader for this.
Ready to apply?
Once you have all of the material requested above ready,APPLY NOW